This is a formatting test post...
On 1/5 at 10pm I noticed my BlackBerry stopped working. My BlackBerry Enterprise Server was totally dead. Long story short, the Adaptec 2410SA raid controller in it died. Luckily, I bought runtime.org's Raid Reconstructor and GetDataBack for NTFS a while back and I cannot emphasize how amazing these two applications are. I put all 4 drives on Vantec SATA -> USB dongles, and fired up Raid Reconstructor. Initially, RR couldn't figure out the raid parameters. Luckily with enough trial and error I found that it was reverse parity rotation, 1024KB striped, raid starting at sector 0. (1 meg stripes???)
I mounted the virtual image, and VOILA! My data!
I restored the mdf and ldf for the BESMgmt database, the installer, and pushed it out to a different server. I attached the database, installed BES, and suddenly was getting this error:
Error 70000, severity 10, state 1 was raised, but no message with that error number was found in sys.messages. If error is larger than 50000, make sure the user-defined message is added using sp_addmessage.
Error 70010, severity 10, state 1 was raised, but no message with that error number was found in sys.messages. If error is larger than 50000, make sure the user-defined message is added using sp_addmessage.
BES would not start. Hum. Okay, well, if there were custom messages added, the installer should have added them, RIGHT?
I tried every applicable solution in this article: http://www.port3101.org/featured-blackberry-kb-articles/797-kb03322-service-specific-error-5608-a.html
I try cause 7, find that you navigate to the installer, then the database folder, edit BESMgmt.cfg, and set CMD=Upgrade. Run CreateDB.exe with BESMgmt.cfg as a parameter, and it should fix it. Wrong.
After a lot of poking around, I found this folder:
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.4\Database\DBInstallScripts\SQLServer\4.1.2 (you should use the most recent version)
In this folder was errors.sql. Opened it, and sure enough the sproc to insert the message was in there. I executed the script (against the master database) and started the BES!
Email started pouring in. Victory.